Terms and Conditions
By using the Wheat Ridge Ministries' crowdfunding platform, WeRaise, I affirm that:
- All of the information provided in the description of the project (both on the application and on the campaign site) is accurate and true.
- Funds raised will be used only for the purposes described on the application and on the campaign site.
- Funds raised will not be used for political activities or private benefit.
- Project leader will submit an evaluation report (due one year after the end of the successful campaign) including a narrative report of the project’s accomplishments and a budget form detailing how funds were spent.
- In the event that the campaign does not reach its initial funding goal within the allotted timeframe, I understand that I/ my organization will receive no funding for this effort and that donor/ campaign participants’ credit cards will not be charged.
- I understand an organization raising funds through WeRaise is not allowed to donate funds to its own project.
- I understand that Wheat Ridge Ministries will take available measures to maintain the security of the WeRaise platform and to protect sensitive information processed through the site. In the event of a data breach that impacts WeRaise, Wheat Ridge Ministries, CrowdEngine, WePay, or any associated websites or software, Wheat Ridge Ministries is not liable for any losses, damages and/or costs incurred to organizations or individuals who have used WeRaise. Questions or concerns about security will be addressed promptly and thoroughly by Wheat Ridge Ministries.
- I agree to the full terms and conditions as listed below.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
Wheat Ridge Ministries (“Wheat Ridge”) reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions. Each time you use the Wheat Ridge WeRaise website, you should visit and review the current terms and conditions that apply to your use of this website and any transactions made while on this website. If you are dissatisfied with the website’s content or the terms and conditions, you agree that your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this website.
To be eligible to use the services and access the website, you must: (1) be over the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you live and (2) not be using another member’s account without her/his permission.
Tampering with this website, misrepresenting the identity of a user, or conducting fraudulent activities on this website is strictly prohibited.
By browsing, visiting, accessing, using this website, posting a project to this website, donating to a project on this website or viewing this website’s contents, you accept and agree to the following terms and conditions, as well as any applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations:
1. If you are posting a project to the website, you agree that all of the information provided in the description of the project (both on the application and on the website) is accurate and true and that you legally have the right to post such information. You agree to: (a) provide accurate information as prompted on the website or through the services; and (b) maintain and update such information to keep it accurate. If you provide any information that is inaccurate, or Wheat Ridge has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is inaccurate, Wheat Ridge may suspend or terminate your use of the services and/or the website and/or decline to permit your continued use of the website and/or the services and future access to the website and/or the services. You shall be responsible for any damages caused by posting information you do not have the legal right to post, including any music and/or videos for which you do not own the copyright.
2. If you post a project to the website, you understand and agree that you will receive all funds that are successfully processed minus any fees payable to Wheat Ridge or its vendors; provided that if at the time the donations are processed, the funds that are successfully processed do not exceed 75% of the original fundraising goal posted to the website, all donations will be refunded to the donors and you will not receive any funds for the project.
3. The website and services and all technology underlying the same are expressly owned, and/or licensed by, and operated by Wheat Ridge. Unless otherwise noted, the design and content features on the website and services, including without limitation, information and other materials, illustrations, product layout and design, icons, navigational buttons, images, artwork, graphics, photography, text, data, audio sound, software, URLs, and the like, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof (collectively, the "Content"), are owned by Wheat Ridge or are licensed by Wheat Ridge from third parties. The website and services, as a whole and in part, are protected by copyright, trademark, service mark, trade name, and other intellectual property and proprietary rights, and all other applicable rights are reserved.
4. Recipients of funds raised through the website agree that such funds will be used only for the purposes described on the application and on the WeRaise website.
5. Recipients of funds raised through the website agree that such funds will not be used for political activities or private benefit.
6. I understand an organization raising funds through WeRaise is not allowed to donate funds to its own project.
7. I understand that Wheat Ridge will take available measures to maintain the security of the WeRaise website and to protect sensitive information processed through the website. While Wheat Ridge strives to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Content you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. In the event of a data breach that impacts WeRaise, Wheat Ridge, CrowdEngine, WePay, or any associated websites or software, Wheat Ridge is not liable for any losses, damages and/or costs incurred to organizations or individuals who have used WeRaise. Questions or concerns about security will be addressed promptly and thoroughly by Wheat Ridge.
8. Wheat Ridge does not make any representations or warranties, whether express or implied in law, as to the sequence, accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, opinions, information, data and/or content contained on the website (including but not limited to any information which may be provided by any third party or data or content providers) and shall not be bound in any manner by any information contained on the website. Wheat Ridge reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue without notice, any aspect or feature of this website. No information shall be construed as advice and information is offered for information purposes only. You rely on the information contained on this website at your own risk. If you find an error or omission with respect to this website, please let us know.
9. Your privacy is important to us. If you make a donation using the website, we collect and/or verify your name, email address and other similar information. We may also collect and/or verify your billing address, credit card or other payment information. This information will be used to process donations, provide tax deduction receipts and if necessary, to contact you regarding a donation. You agree and acknowledge that your donation may be processed, fulfilled or serviced by third parties other than Wheat Ridge and you understand that such third parties are not limited by Wheat Ridge in their use of the information provided to them to process, fulfill or service your donation. Therefore, in order to process your donation, you expressly consent to our sharing your information with such third parties for the purposes described in this paragraph.
10. You shall indemnify and hold harmless, Wheat Ridge and its officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, third-party content providers, designers, contractors, distributors, merchants, sponsors, licensors, successors and assigns, or the like (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") from any breach of these terms and conditions by you, including any use of Content other than as expressly authorized in these terms and conditions. You agree that the Indemnified Parties shall have no liability in connection with any such breach or unauthorized use, and you agree to indemnify any and all resulting loss, damages, judgments, awards, costs, expenses, and reasonable attorneys' fees, of the Indemnified Parties in connection therewith. You shall also indemnify and hold harmless the Indemnified Parties from and against any claims brought by third parties arising out of your use of the Content accessed from the website.
11. By using this website, you expressly agree that use of the website is at your sole risk. The website is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. Wheat Ridge shall not be responsible for and disclaims all liability for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the website, any information contained on the website, your personal information or material and information transmitted over our system.
12. Under no circumstances shall Wheat Ridge be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from your use of or inability to use this website, including but not limited to reliance by you on any information obtained from this website that results in mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion or corruption of files, viruses, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance. The foregoing disclaimers and limitation of liability shall apply in any action, whether in contract, tort or any other claim, even if an authorized representative of Wheat Ridge has been advised of or should have knowledge of the possibility of such damages. You hereby acknowledge that this paragraph shall apply to all Content and services available through this website.
13. If you use this website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all accounts and passwords obtained by you and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your accounts and passwords.
14. The WeRaise website may only be used for lawful purposes. Activities including, but not limited to, tampering with the website, misrepresenting the identity of a user, or conducting fraudulent activities on the website are prohibited.
15. Users of the website are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the website, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging onto a server or an account which the user is not authorized to access; (b) using the website for unintended purposes or trying to change the behavior of the website; (c) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (d) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation via means of submitting a virus to the website, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mailbombing" or "crashing;"; (f) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting (if applicable); or (g) forging communications on behalf of the website (impersonating the website) or to the website (impersonating as a legitimate user). Sending unsolicited and unauthorized e-mail on behalf of the website, including promotions and/or advertising of services, is expressly prohibited. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
16. By donating money through the WeRaise website, you represent and warrant that any donation you make is legal in your jurisdiction and that you are authorized to use the payment method you have selected. Each donor agrees and acknowledges that: (i) all donations are made as unrestricted gifts and may not be restricted to any particular purpose; (ii) designated donation and registration amounts and transaction fees will be charged to the credit or debit card or other payment method you select; and (iii) all donations are final and non-refundable after seven (7) days from the initial processing of the donation. Please note that the transaction fees are deducted from the total amount of the donation and are not processed as part of a separate transaction.
17. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the State of Illinois in respect of any disputes arising in connection with the website or these terms and conditions.
18. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE WHEAT RIDGE AND THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, SUPPLIERS AND VENDORS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED (COLLECTIVELY, "CLAIMS"), ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND ITS SERVICES OR THE CONTENT.